June Pose of the Month 2016
Incline Plank Pursvottanasana
Purva – eastern side ( front side of the body)
Uttana – intense
Asana – posture
This pose is great for building strength and opening up the front side of the body. Focus on breathing into the heart center. Feeling a sense of freedom and openness and breath deeply so its audible.
- Start in Staff pose and place the hands on the floor behind the waist a few inches
- lift the legs and torso entirely off the floor and press the soles of the feet into the floor
- lowering the head back and making the body firm and hold while inhaling and exhaling
- release and sit for a rest and try it again
- Purifies and strengthens the heart, spinal column, and waist
- Activates chakras 1,2,3,4,5 and 6
- Wrist problems
- Shoulder problems
- Neck pain
One leg bent at the knee, the other leg extended straight out.